Spread across 1000 villages, our farmers are indispensableto the growth of RSCL. The company is focussed on development and welfare programmes to help the farmer.
- Through investments in modern technology and a dedicated multidisciplinary Research and Development Wing (now a recognised laboratory by the Government of India)RSCL has solved some of the country’s most neglected problems in sugarcane agriculture.
- RSCLsupplies free drinking water to the villagers of Sangaramoorthipatti, Vaigaipudur, Subbramaniyapuram and Mudhalakampatty.
- For the last 15 years, the company has conducted free medical camps every Wednesday, covering at least 900 people / month. The company also donates medicines.
- Free eye camps and complete health check-ups are also periodically conducted. The company has also organised programmes on dengue awareness and snake bite prevention.
- Through the Srivalli Varadaraj Matriculation School, RSCL has been providing accessible, affordable and valuable education to the community.
The school, founded in 2002, functions with the primary motive of uplifting and empowering socio – economically marginalized children in rural areas, by promoting academic excellence fostering the spirit of love and creating awareness on the dignity of the children. This institution has earned reputation in imparting quality education to the rural students and has made significant progress in academics and community development. The school is set in 10 acres of land and has large classrooms, laboratories and a dining hall.Eight buses ferry students to their place of education. Emphasis is laid on practical and not just conceptual learning. The 1000 students in the school have many opportunities to showcase their skills- essay competitions, moral value lessons, IIT Foundation course, fine arts, athletics and sports- there’s never a dull moment for a student at the Srivalli Varadaraj Matriculation School.
- Each year, close to 5000 people gather at the company-constructed Bhadrakaliamman temple in Thenifor festivities. RSCL provides free meals through the day.
- Village road development, road safety awareness, power transmission line re-routing, sinking of bore wells, building of taluk office infrastructure, sports groundsand communityhalls, and temple upkeep are some of the many activities that RSCL carried out facilitate community wellbeing.
- The company has distributed bedsheets, utensils and torches for 26 families of the Vellapar Koil hamlet in an adoption drive of tribal villages organised by the police department.
- RSCL has provided equipment to the physically handicapped through the district administration.
- The company has contribution to the payment of salaries for teachers at the Govt. High School, Vikaravandi.It has also contributed to the Armed Forces Fund.
- RSCL has provided fire relief measures to affected people in Adanur village, Vikravandi and at Kilpennnathur.