Rajshree Sugars & Chemicals Ltd, is committed to upholding the highest standards of corporate social responsibility. We believe in the purpose of improving the quality of life of the communities we serve through long term stakeholder value creation. We believe in positively impacting the environment and supporting the communities we operate in, focusing on sustainability of our programs and empowerment of our communities.
CSR Activities / Priorities:
- Eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition, promoting preventive health care and sanitation and making available safe drinking water
- Promoting education, including special education and employment enhancing vocation skills especially among children, women, elderly, and the differently abled and livelihood enhancement projects
- Promoting gender equality, empowering women, setting up homes and hostels for women and orphans; setting up old age homes, day care centres and such other facilities for senior citizens and measures for reducing inequalities faced by socially and economically backward groups
- Ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna, animal welfare, agroforestry, conservation of natural resources and maintaining quality of soil, air and water
- Protection of national heritage, art and culture including restoration of buildings and sites of historical importance and works of art; setting up public libraries; promotion and development of traditional handicrafts
- Measures for the benefit of armed forces veterans, war widows and their dependents
- Training to promote rural sports, nationally recognised sports, paralympic sports and Olympic sports
- Contribution to the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund or any other fund set up by the Central Government for socio-economic development and relief and welfare of the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, other backward classes, minorities and women
- Contributions or funds provided to technology incubators located within academic institutions which are approved by the Central Government
- Rural development projects including slum area development
- Such other activities as may be prescribed / recommended by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs / Central Government, from time to time
The CSR Committee shall consist of the following Directors
- Mr.S.Krishnaswami, Chairman (Independent Director)
- Mr.K.Ilango, Member (Independent Director)
- Mr.R.Varadarajan, Member (Executive Director)
A broad term of reference of the CSR Committee is furnished hereunder
- To formulate and recommend to the Board, a CSR Policy which shall indicate the activities to be undertaken by the Company as per the Companies Act, 2013
- To review and recommend the amount of expenditure to be incurred on the activities to be undertaken by the company
- To monitor the CSR policy of the company from time to time
Implementation & Monitoring
The Company will implement our CSR activities in a number of ways: Directly through our in-house teams and through our Educational Trusts and societies or such other entities/organisations as approved by the CSR Committee.
Implementation of this policy will be monitored and reviewed periodically through a three tier structure comprising:
- CSR committee of the Board
- CSR teams at the corporate offices and manufacturing plants
The surplus arising out of CSR activities, projects or programmes shall not form part of the business profits of the Company.
The CSR Committee will decide on the location for CSR activities. The local area in which the Company operates will be given preference.
This Policy is effective from 1st April 2015
For any queries related to CSR Policy, please write to [email protected]